Available February - May 2017 longterm lease and short-term summer rentals 2017.
Dating from the 17th century, when it was known as "One o'Clocke Room" the historic Outer Battery lies at the entrance to St. John's harbour, yet only a ten minute walk from downtown cafes, restaurants, offices, shops, boutiques and theatres.
#29 Outer Battery Road is a former fisherman's cottage, lovingly refurbished and furnished. 3 bedrooms, custom kitchen with dishwasher, woodstove fireplace, deck, antique clawfoot tub and separate shower, wi-fi internet, laundry and private parking.
A stunning cliffside walking trail begins outside the door and winds around the cliff through Signal Hill national park, ending at Cabot Tower where Marconi received the 1st transatlantic radio signal in 1901. You can watch whales from the trail (even in directly front of the house) or take a cruise through the Narrows on harbour sightseeing boats. Seabirds nest in the cliffs and shed roofs nearby - watch the chicks hatch in June. Downtown offers a very sparky arts scene with great music, theatre, dance and art galleries.
• 10 metres from water's edge, on the North Head walking trail, 30 metres from Signal Hill National Historic Park in the quiet (non-industrial) part of the Battery.
• Large windows with panoramic views of the Narrows and the city.
• Watch fishing boats and cruise ships pass by; see otters, eagles, whales and icebergs in season.
• A special place to live that's like nowhere else.
• See why Outer Battery is a special place: in the drone video, the red car is parked in front of One O'Clock Cottage.
• June-Sept $2400/week (+HST). Monthly rates available Oct-May. Non-smokers, no pets.
Contact: Chris & Christina 709-576-0359. email us